Do You Suffer From Hearing Loss?
Hearing loss is often a gradual process that worsens over time. The longer a person waits to take care of their hearing, the less a hearing aid will do for them in the future. Without treatment hearing will decline more rapidly causing issues with auditory deprivation, understanding words that sound alike, avoiding conversations with friends and family, possible speech impediment and not to mention; untreated hearing loss carries the same symptoms as Alzheimer’s disease. It affects your speech center in your brain and also causes stress; which can damage your health and well being. Numerous factors can affect your hearing, including exposure to noise, sports, music and more. To help determine if you may have a hearing loss, take this simple test:
Please answer Yes or No to the following:
- You can hear, but you can’t understand. High-pitched sounds, such as women’s and children’s voices by “disappear,” plus confusion among sounds of words such as, “dime,” “time,” “bake”, and “take.”
- You have difficulty understanding what is being said, unless you are directly facing the speaker.
- You are continually asking people to repeat words or phrases.
- You prefer the TV or radio louder than others do.
- You avoid social occasions, family gatherings or group meetings where hearing in background noise may be difficult.
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may have a hearing loss and should have your hearing tested. Please call us today to schedule an appointment for a complimentary hearing evaluation.
CARLISLE (Across from Giant) 717-245-2437
WEST SHORE/MECHANICSBURG (In front of Smiles on Trindle) 717-602-3899
A HEARING LOSS IS MORE NOTICEABLE THAN A HEARING AID.
Today, hearing instruments are less visible than they used to be (some even completely invisible) and there have been significant improvements in technology. Now hearing aids adjust automatically to environments to help you hear better in noisy environments. They are digital computerized to give you a more accurate clear natural fit. There are many size hearing aids and circuts to consider. Our specialists will explain them and recommend the aids for your specific needs.
The 30 day trial is an important adjustment period. During this time, we provide counseling, adjusting, reprogramming and encouragement and are here to answer any questions. We offer 30 Day 100% Money Back Guarantee.